Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Let's see a BIG turnout next Thursday!

Games night has been rescheduled from Tuesday nights to Thursday nights starting next week (due to Tuesday being cheap night at the local movie theater). Last Tuesday wasn't much of a games night anyways. Chris brought Mario Party 8 as he had just rented it, so a four player game of MP8 ensued (unfortunately leaving multiple people to sit and watch, something I hate doing). After that was over, Dan broke out Singstar for PS2, much to Grant's zeal. The rest of the night was nothing but loud karaoke in my basement (though I did manage to fit in a game of Hive with Adam (I finally won!) and an unfinished game of Balderdash that was quite hard to converse over).

This was quite a shame, since I really had a hankering to play Vegas Showdown which I picked up (along with Nexus Ops) at the border earlier that day. I tried to get a game tonight with the neighbours, but once again my plans fell through as they had unexpected visitors. I swear, I shouldn't even attempt to plan anything anymore, since the universe likes to spite my plans.

My mom's Mac came in the other day (did I mention she got a Mac? Cause she did). I'm in the process of migrating her files to it and organizing them in some fashion (14GB to sort through!). I already threw boot camp on it and installed XP on a partition (for all those files that I unfortunately cannot transfer over to a comparable Mac program). It's really not fun to try to sort through other peoples' messes, so I might just tell my mom to sort it out on her own time.

Super Mario Sunshine is shit. I don't like it, but dammit I'm going to beat it. I have a bad habit of being unable to control Mario while jumping, which leads to MANY frustrating attempts at the same parts of levels. Sometimes he'll want to do a wall jump when I don't want him to, or he won't when I do. Sometimes if I want to turn around and do a small hop, he'll do a crazy backflip into the endless abyss. I've never wanted to bring pain upon Mario as much as I do now.

Well, Traveler is over. Only 8 episodes long. It's a pretty good show, and it's a shame that it's not going to be renewed for a second season (especially since there are DOZENS of loose ends that I won't get to see resolved now). Chanel and I have decided that we're going to start watching Prison Break season 1 (my mom has the boxset) on Wednesday nights since Traveler is over.

Listening to... Opeth - Deliverance
Link of the moment... Quite humourous. Watch it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Wow, a Mac. Thats pretty scary. At least you put Windows on it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2007 3:33 PM  

  • Why do you have those annoying captchas enable for you blog? Shouldnt you be trying to encourage people to comment instead of scaring them off?
    Its extra work, some browsers dont show them correctly, and half the time its unclear, even to me with good vision what the heck the letters are. Imagine someone with poor sight trying to figure it out. The audio isnt much better, and what if they are blind and deaf, or dont have speakers?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/27/2007 5:06 PM  

  • I started off with the feature off, but I got a bunch of 'junk' comments. I don't like them much myself, but it saves me from getting my hopes up when I see a new comment.

    By Blogger Kevin, at 7/27/2007 5:19 PM  

  • I hope I didnt get your hopes up too much this time then :)

    But you have certainly missed a few of my witty remarks because of the captcha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/27/2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home