Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Nothing better to do

Boooooring night. Weekends are boring. No friends, and if I had many, there's no place to hang out. My basement used to always be the place to hang out. I don't have a basement anymore.

Last night was a texas hold'em tournament. I placed sixth out of 22, which is a lot better than I thought I'd do. I wound up losing with a flush against a full house when me and another guy were going all in. He got goddang lucky, but next time the championship is mine.

I think I've lost track of how many programs and techniques I've tried to back up DVDs, and all but one has failed. Unfortunately, that one that worked wound up stretching the video vertically, to the point where it's unwatchable. I know it can be done, I just can't find a simple way to do it.

I wanted to play a game tonight, but nothing is striking me as overly stimulating. I played FFX for a while, but most RPGs need committal...I can never just pick up a saved game and keep going, I can never remember where to go next. I don't feel like starting a new game in it yet either. I started up a game in Brave Fencer Musashi, but that game is difficult to control, and the version I downloaded is a bit buggy. I think I'm going to wind up just playing some FFT with my dual class challenges.

I like making lists, I've been doing a lot of it lately. Here's a list of games I'd like to play sooner or later:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced (GBA)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES)
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
Megaman X4 -> X7
Megaman X: Command Mission (PS2)

...well hell. I ran into a few distractions during the middle of that list and lost my train of thought. The point I'm trying to get across is that I wish I had more time to play video games. In fact, seeing as how Vicky's not on right now, I'm going to play some FFT.

Listening to... Metallica - Fade to Black
Link of the moment... I need a new printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home