Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

"BURN, in the fires of Inferno!"

You may have seen the above quote in my MSN name recently...it's a quote from Beast Wars, said by Inferno, a giant, mentally deranged, barbaric fire ant. I'm pretty sure it's from the episode "Code of Hero", but now that would make me even more of a geek than I am thus far.

I just wrote a Stat 230 quiz, and I'm a little less than confident about the results. I *think* I used the right method for the second question (half the marks), but it was not nearly close to anything I remember learning in class. Let's hope DeMorgan's laws apply in statistics.

I might have to be brief, I have to leave for a tutorial in fifteen minutes.

Last night our res team played the first rec basketball game. There was only six of us, one who left after half time, so we had to play almost continuously. That resulted in cramps. After half, we decided to just play slow. We got absolutley slaughtered by the other team, who was way too good to be in a non-competitive league. One guy almost made me fall over with his footwork...seriously, I lost my balance. We really have to recruit more people. My lower body is killing me right now from the strain I put it through last night, but it really was a lot of fun, and good exercise. I'm looking forward to next Tuesday (assuming we can get a few more people playing!).

Another comment I forgot to make while fantasizing about Kristen, is that just before the partner rotation last time, she gave my hand a very noticable squeeze before she walked off. Or perhaps I imagined it? Doesn't matter, I'm still hopelessly obsessed.

The clothes I was wearing during basketball created a very evil funk in my room. Thus, I did laundry when I should have been studying for my stats quiz. Doesn't matter much, I think I should have aced it (or failed it, it's all or nothing).

I got ripped off on eBay. Well, not ripped off, it was due to my own ignorance. I ordered what I thought was Beast Wars season three, when in fact it was Beast Wars: Classic Episodes Volume 3. Luckily, the person I bought it from will give me a refund (minus shipping), so after I ship it back, it will only be a loss of about $10.

It looks like I'll be going to Brampton/Toronto/Mississauga this weekend, due to Maria's moving from B-town to M-town. I'll be picking my sister up in the T-dot. I figure I might as well see her since I'm not going home for Thanksgiving. I'm debating staying here for the weekend, or finding someone to invite me for supper at their house (well, I really only have about two friends who I would be comfortable having supper with...you can figure out who you are). I think Monika's staying here for the weekend, so at least I can hang out with her.

Well, time to get ready for EXCITING CALCULUS TUTORIAL! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ...*sigh*

Listening to... Green Day - Coming Clean
Link of the moment... Wow, this is by far the best file sharing program I've used, in terms of mass amounts of files!

1 Comments:

  • Hey, I just landed on your blog. It's really great. I'm actually searching for information on how to produce 'How-to Videos' for a business idea.
    I've only found one site so far It's got a great course on DVD's but it's a little expensive for me at the moment. Anyway I'm going to bookmark you and come back

    Regards
    Alex

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2006 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home