Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Troubleshooting

How to repair various computer problems, by Kevin Jurcik

Chapter 12: buzzing power supply

Step 1: Reboot. If problem persists, see step 2.

Step 2: Reboot again. If problem persists, see step 3.

Step 3: Turn off computer, and unplug all cables.

Step 4: Remove cover and place computer on nearby surface.

Step 5a: Shit, that sound card still isn't fixed.
Step 5b: Lather broken sound card areas with crazy glue.

Step 6: Well I guess I'll return this movie to blockbuster while the glue dries.

Step 7: Might as well get some cheeseburgers on the way back.

Step 8: Replace sound card and place cover back on computer.

Step 9: Plug cables back in.

Step 10: Shit, I just snapped this fucking piece off the sound card again, didn't I? Fuck.

Step 11: Turn computer back on.

Step 12: Oh yeah, that power supply was buzzing.

Step 13: Hit computer until buzzing is supressed. If problem persits, see Appendix D: Crying in corner of room.

Listening to... Iron Maiden - Where Eagles Dare
Link of the moment... Why must I hate what I love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home