Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Monday, October 11, 2004

I miss the good old days

Sudden epiphany the other day. What I say may not apply, but it certainly seems like a general case.

High school was the time in my life when people had "crushes" on one another. I loved crushes. I loved nervous love, when no one knew what they were doing, cause they've had no or few relationships before. Homework was generally trivial, and social lives and opportunities blossomed. Flirting, blushing, and feeling fuzzy were common events in a relationship.

By the university level, people start thinking realistically. People start dating based on attraction (which may or may not be completely different from fuzziness), schedules, and work terms. People start dating people they think they can one day marry. Few are nervous about love, and classes are about learning, not socializing.

After University, people are concerned with getting married and starting families. The best part of my romantic life as I know it may very well be over and done with.

Christ, I miss feeling fuzzy.

Listening to... Fear Factory - Hi-Tech Hate
Link of the moment... Shit that's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home