Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Too much to say

Shit, there's ages upon ages of stuff to talk about. This might be a huge post. Since I forget about everything I want to say, I'm gonna make a list right now:
1. Mississauga Trip
2. Program to rip DVDs
3. Power going out
4. Earthbound
5. How my week got worse on Thursday
6. X-Men Legends et al
7. Costume Party
8. I'm bored as fuck.

1. Mississauga Trip

I had a good time in Mississauga. It was good to just be in a house again. A television, couch, microwave, front door...all that jazz. It turns out G is the Kevin of his friends. Everyone hangs out in his basement and he supplies groceries to everyone. I got to meet BC and Cvet, and they're awesome. I finally got to play some fun video games with a group of guys (Gamecube kicks ass, I wish PS2 came out of the box with 4-player abilities). We played some Mario Kart: DD and Smash Brothers. Shit games are fun. We were hoping to rent X-Men legends that night (my idea), but there were no copies left at the BBuster.

Yeah, it was fun hanging out with BC, Cvet, and G. Don't get me wrong, I have just as much (if not more) fun with Adam, Phil, Grant, Vic, Turner, and all those folks. But how often can you sit in Tim Horton's and have a discussion about sorting algorithms and programming languages? Yeah it turns out these guys are hardcore-er than me.

2. Program to rip DVDs

I found a decent program and method to rip DVDs into AVI. The process takes a shitload of time, but I can set it up in a queue to do as many as I want. Last night I set it going before I went to bed, and I got through about 11 Simpsons episodes before the power went out.

I'm encoding at about 50% quality, and each ~25 episode comes out as ~300 MB. I don't know how good that is per se, I guess that means I can fit about 600 episodes if they're all that size. Of course that would realistically turn into about 400 since I store other crap on the drive too. Plus I plan on ripping movies onto it too...looks like I might need another hard drive in a while :)

3. Power going out

So as I said, the power went out sometime in the middle of the night. I woke up and realized that my jet engine (read: computer) wasn't on, nor was my alarm clock. That stuck around until about 11 (I was up at perhaps 9:30). There was absolutely nothing to do. Couldn't phone anyone, or play a game, or watch a movie. All I had to do was algebra. The outage pushed lunch back about half an hour too, and of course the cafe staff was all cranky.

4. Earthbound

Shit, Earthbound is a great game. I've decided to play it to completion with my free time. It doesn't look like I can make it to the end by the end of the weekend, I'm only getting out of Twoson now. Damn, Paula's a weak bitch.

5. How my week got worse on Thursday

So this CS assignment that I worked an extra four hours on, and was certain would compile correctly, wound up failing. Turns out I left one System.out.println statment in my code that fucked up every test (I got 3/30 for completeness). They gave me 0/10 for testing, and 8/15 on two section for class design and programming practices. Assholes, my program is as good as they'll ever see...goddam TA thinks he's so damned good.

6. X-Men Legends et al.

Shit, I wanna play X-Men Legends. You know what, it's not even that I want to play that game. I just want to play a game with friends. A nice co-operative game where we just kick the shit out of other guys (preferably with mutant powers). That thought alone makes me want to move in with G and his roommates, just so I could play games with G. Once I hit town in the summer, I'm going to buy some awesome games and play them with my bitches. Or, at least I'll burn them, since I've already paid for the swap disc...regardless, I haven't owned a new game in ages. It's really such a thrill to go to a store with someone, pick a shiny game off the shelf, and own it five minutes later, filled with the anticipation of cracking open the case and slipping it into your drive.

So heads up to Adam, Phil, Turner, Vic, Grant, and anyone else who has two hands: you're going to play X-Men Legends, Sonic Heroes, or some other respectable multiplayer console game with me sooner or later.

7. Costume Party

I think when I get back in town, I'm going to have a costume party at my house for a few reasons:
-see my friends again
-reclaim my old reputation of putting on awesome, original parties
-see girls dressed up in kinky costumes
-don't get to spend halloween with my old crew
-dressing up kicks ass!
A few of us have been talking about how fun it would be to dress up as some of the X-Men. So far the list looks like
Adam - Wolverine (got the burns)
Phil - Prof. X (baldness) or Juggernaut (awesomeness, suggested by me)
Me - Gambit (no movie reference for clothing, but he's awesome)
Vic - Rogue (cause Gambit totally wants in her pants)
Grant & Chanel - Cyclops & Jean Grey (suggested by Vic, I don't think they know they're a part of it so far)
Turner - Nightcrawler (I'd love to see that)
Gen - eh, beats me. Who's left? Storm, Mystique, Jubilee, Lady Deathstrike...

8. I'm bored as fuck

I'm bored as fuck. I skipped supper cause I was sleeping, so I guess I'll have to get off campus to get some food. I had pizza last night, so I don't know what else to eat. Maybe I'll have another delicious, greasy hamburger....oh baby.

Listening to... The Rots - I'm Scared, Give me a Gun
Link of the moment... Hehehehe...cosplay/roleplay is kinky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home