Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Prepare for an onslaught

Once again, I have another long post. My mom just visited for the last few days, so I haven't had a moment's peace to update the blog.

1. The Incredibles
2. Half Life 2
3. Square One/Mississauga/Toronto
4. Numerous Professions
5. New Apartment
6. Monika's evilness
7. My ability to have people hate me
8. Best Years of My Life

1.1 The Incredibles
The Incredibles was...dare I say it...incredible. Naw, I take that back, it's too goddam cheesy. It was a great movie nonetheless. Of course, this could be the shittiest Pixar film I've ever seen, but it would still be awesome since it's Pixar. Honestly though, a lot of the effects were awesome not only for an animated film, but some of the effects were on par with recent action films. Some machines and their ever-fluid motion were on par with Spiderman 2, easily.

One beautiful thing about Pixar films (and animated films in general) is that they're easily able to exaggerate things, since they're able to set their own universe in which the film occurs. Some of the funniest scenes in that film involved Mr. Incredible sitting in his cubicle, typing on his keyboard with his grossly mal-proportioned hands, or driving home in his compact car, hunching over the wheel.

1.2 A severe tangent to the conversation
I'm gonna have to admit something here. I found one of the characters in the film...how can I say this without sounding terribly disturbed...not attractive...well yes, that's the only word I can think of at the moment. These Pixar characters are getting way too human. I swear, these characters have souls nowadays.

This isn't the first time, either. I used to be in love with Sailor Mercury. Yup, the one with the blue hair. No worries, I've grown past falling in love with cartoon characters. But honestly, this girl in the movie is one of the only girls I've met in the longest time. I just wish I could meet someone like her; someone who is vulnerable, someone who just needs to escape reality and be swept off her feet. Christ I miss my glory days.

2. Half Life 2
Half Life 2. What can I say. After waiting for fuck and a half months, they finally released the son of a bitch. I'm gonna have to say I'm not as impressed as I was hoping I would be. Sure it's great eye candy, sure it's pretty fun, sure it's got an awesome new physics engine, but you know what? The release of Doom 3, Halo 2, Far Cry, and whatever else was awesome just took away the wind. If this game came out over a year ago like it was supposed to, I would have been absolutely blown away. I find myself playing Counter Strike a lot more, HL2 scares me too much...stupid spider things.

3. Square One/etc.
I hit up Square One today. Why is this even deserving of its own subtitle? Long story short, I bought two pairs of pants, and Trivial Pursuit Genus 5. Genus 5 was a steal at $20 since Genus 6 came out. Yeah, I guess that's all. I think I actually traversed the whole mall this time.

4. Numerous Professions
Sometimes I wish I hadn't chosen mathematics as my major...not for the fact that I don't like it, it's just that I honestly think that I'm so mutli-talented I can't decide what I should do in life. I would do well in mathematics, business, acting (no seriously, I think I would make a good actor if I put time and effort into it), film production, animation, writing (articles and such), editing, photography...the list pretty well goes on. I want to do it all. If I really put effort into any one of those, I could be really good.

5. New Apartment
I've been thinking of getting an apartment style place next year. I can't handle the food here anymore, in a nutshell. I'd love to have my own living room too. I don't like going to the lounges very much, but I suppose that might have something to do with the fact that I have no one to go there with. I have few friends to invite over, and they're usually busy anyways, with work and other shit.

The main problem is that I don't know anyone who goes to school in my stream (that is, they have study terms between September and April, and take the summer off). I hope I can meet some good people next term, otherwise I'll either have to a) live alone, b) live here again, or c) get randomly paired up with potential assholes. None of those options appeal to me in any regard.

6. Monika's Evilness
I'll be honest. It's late and I'm getting tired. Maybe I'll post on this some other day, if at all.

7. My Hate-Ability
I think lately I have the ability to have people dislike me. I'm an asshole. I know I'm an asshole. I can't help it. I've been hanging out with people who have turned me into an asshole. I got comfortable insulting Adam, Phil, Turner and the likes right to their faces, and getting it right back at me, and we'd all laugh it off and top it off with farts. Aparently people don't like sarcasm down here. I really would like to make friends, but I'll take the easy way out and say it's too late to change.

8. Best Years of My Life
I'm convinced the best years of my life are behind me. I think my life just doesn't seem complete anymore. I feel like half the man I used to be. I used to have a girl I loved, constantly reassuring me that I was one of the best people in the world; that I could do anything. Now I just feel like there's no one that cares that I exist. Sure people are my friends, but I need someone that I can share my soul with. I had that at one point, and it was the greatest feeling ever.

Now it's gone. I have few friends for 8 months of the year, both a severe abundance of and lack of freedom, and just nothing that really makes me happy. Everything seems to be downhill from here. Sure I'll be happy some times, I'll laugh, I'll love...but never as much as I have in the past.

Listening to... Raised Fist - Breaking Me Up
Link of the moment... It's not the same when you don't know the story from Half Life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home